The Snug Harbor Jazz Revival Series continued with Dr. Michael White and the Original Liberty Jazz Band.
The Snug Harbor Jazz Revival series continued on Stagit with New Orleans native Dr. Michael White and The Original Liberty Jazz Band, who performed a comprehensive collection of songs that featured inspired solos from each band member.
Dr. White led us on a musical voyage from the early days of New Orleans Ragtime all the way up to the modern New Orleans Jazz Style.
I came away with a great playlist that I will cherish for years to come!
- Panama (Willian Henry Tyers) was the first song of the evening, and the band provided us with a foot-stomping number that set the expectation for the evening on high alert.
- My Bucket’s Got A Hole In It (Buddy Bolden) featured stellar vocals by Gregg Staford.
- Bogalusa Strut (Sam Morgan) was highlighted by David Harris with some outstanding trombone play and Detriot Brooks, who provided us with a top-notch solo on the banjo.
- Eternally Blue (Michael White) featured Dr. White with an outstanding lead to set the song’s mood and tone, and once again, Detroit Brooks came through on the banjo. Just an outstanding rendition.
- Sing On (Sam Morgan) with a catchy melody that stays with you! I can’t get it out of my head.
- Give It Up – Gypsy Second Line (Michael White) featured Shannon Powell on a fantastic drum solo.
- Summertime (George Gershwin) featured clarinetist Dr. White.
- Louisan-i-a (Joe Darensbourg) is a traditional New Orleans jazz song that featured Gregg Stafford with some outstanding vocals and Kerry Lewis with a fantastic bass solo. Great rendition!
- Canal Street Blues (King Oliver & Louis Armstrong) Just a fantastic song to end this great set.
Dr. Michael White – Clarinet
Greg Stafford – Trumpet & Vocals
David Harris – Trombone
Detroit Brooks – Banjo
Kerry Lewis – Bass
Shannon Powell – Drums
Remember to support the artist.